7.03.2007

Clean slate

At house church Sunday night, we talked about how God is taking our ideas about church, prayer, etc, and wiping the slate clean, giving us a fresh start on how we see these things. Sometimes the really old things can become fresh and new and full of life in a way we never experienced before.

During our discussion, I saw a vision of God wiping a page clean, removing all the print on it, and presenting a new, white sheet of manuscript (it looked kind of scrollish or papyrus-like actually) to us, and I knew it to mean that God wanted to wipe clean all of our previous conceptions and misconceptions about church, particularly the really old things. That He was going to make the old new again and show us things through new and fresh eyes.

I wanted to share an of one of the ways God is showing me this. My brother-in-law Sean sent me a link to this website that gives you different prayers used in the Episcopalian community thoughout the day, and I have started doing the noontime prayer here at work. It has been a huge blessing, and a refreshing 5-10 minutes to take during my lunch break and allow the Lord to refuel, refresh, and refocus my heart. Here's the website if anyone is interested:

http://www.missionstclare.com/noon/noonlist.html

Have an awesome day!

Steven D

1 Comments:

Blogger Rebekah Hope said...

While browsing profiles links with "house church" in them I found your site. And I must say I agree with you wholeheartedly... When you leave the institution of a building God begins to change the way you think about "church" as we know it. If you study the meaning of the word "repentance" as it's commonly used in the NT you'll see that it means to "change the way you think"... strange to think we should repent for the way we thought about "church". But pretty neat too!

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home