3.14.2005

Walk by the Spirit

"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not carry out the desire of the flesh." Galatians 5:16

Those who try to live by the law alone become prisoners of it, condemned by their inability to keep it. They reject grace. Paul tells us not to live like this, but rather to walk by the Spirit. Only in doing this can we be free from being prisoners of the law and prisoners of our own sinful nature in the flesh.

How can I walk by the Spirit? I struggle with this sometimes, adn I believe this is because I try too hard. That's just it; walking by the Spirit is not about trying, not about my efforts and work. It's about submission, allowing Him to take control--and all I am to do is follow Him in His leading. Sure, this requires some sort of action on my part, in response to what the Spirit is doing, but it is not about my own strength, effort, output. In my tendency to jump on the bandwagon of any ministry needing help and to actively seek out ways I can "please" God, I need to realize this truth and live it: it's not about what I do. It's about Who I'm walking with.

Lord, please help me. I have become so focused on my own actions and seeking my own righteousness and perfection that I far too often leave no room for the Spirit to lead me. Forgive me, Holy Spirit, and please teach me to submit to Your leading. Let me walk by You alone. I love You!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home