12.03.2004

All things new...

And the one sitting on the throne said, "Look, I am making all things new!"
--Revelation 21:5

Jesus promises His followers to put a new spin on things. The Jerusalem we see described by the apostle John in Revelation is brand spanking new, sparkling and pure before God, like a bride appearing before her husband. Jesus will bring renewal at the end of time as we know it, but He also brings renewal from square one in our faith when we trust Him...and He continues to renew daily those who pursue Him. He makes all things new continually.

I've seen so much of this newness in my life recently. When I got back from France at the end of the summer, God had done so many new things in my heart. Here's a quick list of things that Jesus has made new in my life recently. Props to Jesus for making the things on this list happen!

--recently, a daily renewal of passion for Him as I haven't experienced in a while, all of which started in France this summer and continues...
--new things God is up to in Colorado, as well as a new excitement for them
--new dedication to the ministries He has placed me in right now
--new studies at the School of Ministry, as I finish up my first semester and prepare to go into a new one of great learning and spiritual/mental challenges
--new endeavors in youth ministry, including a high school guys' small group, my first sermon series ever ("The Gospel According to Nemo") and a totally new ability to preach messages that I never knew existed, and new challenges with how to mentor and encourage kids to grow in their faith
--a new desire to stay here in Colorado where God has put me for however long He wants me here (as opposed to a previous haste to move to France way before God's timing)
--a new ministry with my housemates in the home we live in, which we call the House Plant...and very soon a new house with some additional housemates!
--a new appreciation and love for the pastoral team at Grace Church
--a new feeling of having a home church at Grace, a feeling I have never really had before; the feeling that I'm exactly where I belong and that I truly have brothers and sisters, mothers and fathers, to reach out as extensions of God's grace, love, provision, wisdom, advice, support, and encouragement to me, the lone Mississippian of Northglenn, CO
--a new sense of direction and purpose in my life as God continues to unveil new aspects of what He has done with my past, my talents and abilities, my spiritual gifts, and my heart, all to show me the next steps in a lifelong adventure of ministry of which I can by no possible means see the big picture at this point (or possibly ever? except for in hindsight)
--a new surrender to God, to allow my own dreams to die so that He can give me dreams that come from Him alone and not me
--a new team of kids to work with, as we prepare to go together to minister in France next summer!
--a new job...even in the company that I left for 2 months this past summer to go to France, God has given me favor; within a month of my return, I was promoted, and now a few months later, I am being promoted again, with new responsibilities, new colleagues to minister to, and a new salary!

May Your all-loving, all-knowing, all-present name be glorified and praised for what You are doing in the lives of all who know and seek You, Lord Jesus! You truly do make all things new.

What things has He made new for you recently? Have you slowed down to think about it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home